Thursday, April 26, 2007

Let the games begin



Yes, that is most definitely me on the far right next to Paul Marchese and Andrew Hodor, and beating Trevor Marsicano and Al Harding. This is the first lap of a 5k on my very first Long Track meet. Notice the almost standing completely up posture. It's very bad. I ended up getting lapped like twice, and I decided that I was definitely a sprinter and not a distance skater. Lo and behold a year later I shave 34 seconds of my personal best in the 3000 for a time of 4:21.98. Apparently, I'm a distance guy.

DimonSports, my occupation and racing team, is doing a major overhaul on the website. http://www.dimonsports.com Andrew Love has been doing a great job, and there's seriously going to be some sweet stuff on there, like video blogs, a skater of the week (male and female) and a whole bunch of other stuff. We also just became a Louis Garneau dealer, and we are working to get a new suit designed with the kevlar built directly into the suit. It's going to be sweet.

Another product that meets the Crash Awesome Product Standards is the Stay Bent Sharpening Frame http://www.staybentframe.com/ This frame was developed by some technical speed skating wizards out in Rochester, NY. The whole concept of the jig is that it has pivoted blade clamps that adjust to preserve the bend in your skates. It's pretty sweet, you should definetely check it out.

No comments: