Saturday, April 7, 2007

and the first post goes to...

Hello! Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is a land where letters become words, and words become sentences, and sentences... well you get the picture. I just wanted to make a blog to chronicle the happenings in my life of speed skating, as well as other things that I do, so that anybody who wants to know about me won't have to travel far to find out how I am doing.
As for the title of the blog, it's the name of our team when I did the Masters Camp in Calgary in summer of 2006. It's a play on the title "Man on Fire." I currently am living in Lake Placid, but who knows for how long, seeing as how nursing job prospects are currently dry as a bone for some reason.
I am working at Dimonsports, the only walk in full-service speed skating shop in America, as a blade technician. That pretty much means that when a blade comes in from the factory, I am the one who puts the rocker on it and fine tunes it so that it is skatable. I am learning how to bend, but I am not completely proficient at it yet. Soon, hopefully, I will be.
I am currently applying to nursing jobs in Milwaukee, so hopefully something will pan out, and I will be able to continue training at a higher level with a coach.
Any comments, as always, will be appreciated. Hopefully, I will learn html soon, so that I will be able to pimp this page out and make it fantastic.
Peace,
-crash

No comments: