Thursday, May 31, 2007

Flustered, to say the least

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted. I originally intended to post several times a week, but I found myself without anything really different or interesting to say, other than, I won the duathlon again (twice actually).
A few weeks ago I got a call from Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee telling me that they wanted to interview me for a job but they wouldn't be able to wait for September for me to move. I told them that I would be willing to come out earlier, and I scheduled an interview for the next Thursday. I travelled down to Jersey, and stayed with Sarah for a few days in Delaware, then headed back to Jersey. I took a CPR renewal class and the next day my brother Jamie and I got up at 5am and droved 860 something miles, almost a third of the way across the country, to Milwaukee so that I could get an interview. We checked out some pretty sweet apartments while we were there, and the interview went smoothly. I have Jamie to thank for that mostly (thanks Jamie!!) who helped me put together my resume and even put it on the special resume paper.
We then turned back and headed 860 miles back to New Jersey. We got home at roughly 5am. So all told we drove a third of the way across the country and back in 2 whole days. Not bad if you ask me.
But here I am sitting in my apartment waiting for them to tell me one way or another if I got the job. Today is the last day that I can wait, because I have to send my rent check to my landlord, or give them 30 days notice that I will be moving out, which I informed them of at the time of the interview. After telling them that I am willing to drop everything and relocate, I figured that they'd be ecstatic to have me.
Tonight I will post a much shorter message telling whether I got the job or not.

No comments: